Quick Start Guide for a Quick Fix
Follow the guidelines below for 1-3 months strict ... you will see drastic changes.
Only eat these foods in this order of importance:
- Vegetables: Broccoli, kale, spinach, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, etc.
- Meats: Beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, bone broth, (substitute) lentils/beans, (limited) pork
- Fats and Oils: Coconut oil, avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, butter, ghee
- Spices: Turmeric, sea salt, garlic, rosemary, etc.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, tuna, cod, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, etc.
- Fermented foods: Apple cider vinegar, pickles, kombucha
- Eggs: Free-range eggs
- Nuts & Seeds: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and more.
- Fruits: Avocados (a lot), bananas, blueberries; limited: apples, lemon, lime, oranges, pears, strawberries, raspberries, etc.
- Tubers: Sweet potatoes, yams, turnips, etc.
- Dairy: Only eat select whole/raw milk, kefir, yogurt, cheeses if you pass a dairy allergy blood test
Supplements to consider: (click here for amazon wishlist for the below)
- Probiotic (preferably VSL#3 sachet)
- Daily multi vitamin
- Fish oil / krill oil (high in EPA)
- Vitamin D3
- MCT oil
Note: Each individual is different per allergy and reaction; consult a dietitian or doctor to get blood work to find out your specific supplements needed.
Helpful note: If you made it through this list and feel it's limiting to your normal diet, that's probably why you're having the issues you're wanting to fix: Your current diet! More of a reason to change it. I've found only focusing on the foods I should be eating rather than can't, is much easier and aids success. Tip - avoid work happy hours, dinners, and birthday parties for the first month :). Also, the excuse of "my stomach doesn't handle THAT FOOD well" seems to get your coworkers off your back.
Release all that built up molecular and emotional stress. Set your goal high of being physically active for at least 30 minutes a day. If you have to skip a day, you didn't fail. Just start again the next day! Below are ten 30 min exercise ideas to mix up and get your belly flexing.
Note: If you're already exercising regularly, stick to your routine and modify your diet and medical activities to notice a change.
1. Quick gym workout CHEST & BACK
- 4 sets abs
- 4 sets lower back
- 4 sets pec
- 4 sets back
- 5 minute treadmill jog/sprint
2. Quick gym workout ARMS
- 4 sets side obliques
- 4 sets biceps
- 4 sets triceps
- 4 sets shoulders
- 10 minutes full body stretching
3. Quick gym workout LEGS
- 3 sets squats
- 3 sets lunges
- 3 sets hips
- 3 sets calves
- 3 sets hamstrings
- 5 minutes leg stretching
4. Quick gym workout SHOULDERS
- 4 sets deltoids
- 4 sets abs
- 4 sets traps
- 4 sets shoulder bands
- 5 minutes shoulders stretching
- 30 minutes of yoga / stretching / balancing
6. Go run
- 30 minute jog / run / brisk walk
7. Climb some stairs
- 30 minutes up and down stairs or on the stair-master ... good luck
- 30 minutes in a pool kicking, breathing and pulling water
9. Hot dry sauna
- 10 minutes dry sauna
- 5 minutes cool down
- 10 minutes dry sauna
10. Be active
- Dealers choice ... do something sweat-worthy for 30 minutes
Drugs? Just say no. Try to limit all over the counters and prescription drugs (consult your doctor for all serious issues). Antibiotics can deplete all the good bacteria from your gut ... seek pro and prebiotics if you must use antibiotics. Stay away from nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID's such as Advil, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc) for the same reason. The XX% importance with gut integration with over-prescribed pharmaceuticals is still being understood and should be greatly understood before adding any meds to your daily intake.
Obviously consult your doctor if you're taking medication for a specific disease or illness.